I want this blog to encourage other Christians and point others to the salvation of Jesus Christ. I will post things God is showing me, things I am doing, anything I want to write to encourage others and whatever else that I want to write about. The older entries are from when I was journaling about Bible class a while back. Enjoy!
Thursday, January 31, 2008
"To Obey Is Better Than Sacrifice"
One thing I learned about in Bible class is an important principle that God wants us to follow. It is "To obey is better than sacrifice..." That is an important thing to learn. God wants us to obey Him no matter what the circumstance is or what God tells us to do. Some people think that sacrificing is better (just like Saul), because obeying God is a main theme expressed throughout the Bible. God says to Adam and Eve to not eat the fruit and even then they disobeyed. Another verse in the Bible tells us, "Children obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Ephesians 6:1. When we obey our parents, if we are Christians we are obeying God. God put our parents over us to obey them. it still is important to obey God no matter what. I like what Samuel said to Saul, "For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubborness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, He hath also rejected thee from being king." 1 Samuel 15:23 From that we learn that when we disobey God it is like we have commited a bad sin. We need to ask God for help so tha we can obey Him and do what He says. -Hannah K.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment