Thursday, January 31, 2008

Worshiping God

Currently in Bible class we are learning about the Psalms and from that learning how we should praise God and pray to Him. We were talking about different types of worship. The main types seem to be singing. I really like corporate worship because at times you can feel God's presence when people are uniting together and worshiping God all in one place. I also like to learn new songs to sing to worship God and tell Him how great He is. Some cons to corporate worship are, sometimes people have a hard time focusing on God and really giving Him there all and showing Him how much they love Him. When that happens, people are to concerned about what others would think of them if they really sing from their heart. At times that happens and I get distracted. I should try hard to just really worship Him and not care what others think. I also like private worship because you can really focus and sing from their heart. During both times of worship I love to think about how great God is really think about what the songs are saying. I love praising God in every way, my favorite is singing though because God really the words really express how I feel about Him.
This year I have realized that when you worship God it is not about the music, but about the words and singing them from my heart. At the high school retreat I really learned that and sang from my heart. A great verse to close this entry, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Colossians 3:16

1 comment:

Dawie Koekemoer said...

that is great hannah! thank you for awesome journals... i really enjoy reading them!