I want this blog to encourage other Christians and point others to the salvation of Jesus Christ. I will post things God is showing me, things I am doing, anything I want to write to encourage others and whatever else that I want to write about. The older entries are from when I was journaling about Bible class a while back. Enjoy!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Our God Who Holds the Future
In Bible clas we have been learning about many judges including, Gideon. Gideon was a guy that God wanted to use for an important job. Gideon was afraid (thats why he was hiding in the wine press threshing wheat. He didn't seem like he was the right person to do a job that God asked him to. God saw the potential in him. In the same way God calls people to do something. He likes to pick people that at first might not be able to do the job, but He does equip them with the strength and skills to do it. He also likes to pick humble people rather than proud people, and forgotten and outcast people than super stars. Before I came a SWAT Officer, I had a different view. Back in 2006 when I was in 9th grade, it was time to put in applications for new SWAT officers. I didn't want to put in an application because I thought it was going to be a big responsiblity, so I didn't want to do it. A few days later after the due date fore the application came and went, Sister Dawn found me and said, "We noticed that you didn't put an application in." Then she said, "We were praying for who to be a SWAT Officer, and God brought you to mind." She also said that they really liked the good leadership quality in me that she saw in Germany. Right after she said that my whole outlook changed and I got the application, went home and decided to hand in the application. I realized that God will be with me and help me do it. That was the story of how God led me to be a SWAT Officer and how God orchestrated the whole thing. I really like how God can lift up anyone to be in a certain positon even if by themselves they don't think they can do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
great journals hannah! thanks for the good work!
Post a Comment