I want this blog to encourage other Christians and point others to the salvation of Jesus Christ. I will post things God is showing me, things I am doing, anything I want to write to encourage others and whatever else that I want to write about. The older entries are from when I was journaling about Bible class a while back. Enjoy!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
We Need to Listen to What God Says to Do
The story of Jephthah is a great story filled with an important lesson. In the story, Jephthah made a vow to God which wasn't very good. He told God that the next person that walks by, he would be kill them. The next person was his daughter. I think God already knew what was going to happen, so He didn't agree with it. Jephthah should have listened to God to see what God would deem as okay. Murdering is a sin and I don't think God would want anyone making a vow if it is only going to have the person sin. God also doesn't factor in family history (learned in Bible). Another thing I liked from class was the verse, "Do not swear at all...simply let your "yes" be "yes" and your "No", "No"; anything beyond this comes from the evil one." This is a great verse that is saying that we need to be sure and truthful and do things that God wants us to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment