Friday, October 19, 2007

Faith


Today in Bible we learned about what faith. Faith is believing in Jesus without seeing Him but we know He is there. It is also having faith that God will do what He says He is going to do and having faith that He will protect us. Our faith can be strengthened when we spend time with God. When we talk to Him, spend time worshiping, and reading is word we can feel really at peace and full of joy when we are in God's presence. I've had times when His Spirit was so evident that I felt so full of joy and peace and new again in Christ.

Another thing that stood out in class today was we watched this clip about this man who was thrown in jail and in the beginning he had faith that God was going to free him from jail and give him justice. He then ended up giving up on his faith. Right now I am going through something where I have to trust God and have faith that He knows what to do. I have a crooked jaw and my bite does not line up. I found out about two years ago that it cannot be fixed with braces or other Orthodontics work. So I found out that I would need surgery. At first I was really sad and a little angry because I didn't want surgery. And many times I've been worrying about it and it was taking up alot of my thoughts. But I've been trying to keep trusting in God that He will do what is in His will. I am still praying for a miracle though (for God to heal my jaw and bite completely). This whole expieriance has been and still is a test of my faith that He knows what to do. I need to keep having faith that He will heal my jaw becuase He is the healer, protector, savior, creator, etc... I just wanted to share that with you becuase it went along with the lesson about having faith and having it tested. If you want you could pray for my jaw situation for a healing and for whatever God's will is. I would really appreciate it.

-Hannah K.

1 comment:

Dawie Koekemoer said...

thanks for sharing that hannah, i will be praying for you also!