Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Observation! -Christmas Cards

As I was looking at cards in Target one day, (I love looking at cards!) I couldn't help but notice that so many cards I looked at stated "Happy Holiday's!" It sort of annoyed me. This year it seems like I've been seeing this every where and hearing it every where. From Christmas cards to holiday cards. to holiday decorations. Also every salesperson saying Happy Holidays or have a nice Holiday! There were some and plenty of cards with Merry Christmas, but a surplus of Happy Holidays. I am not a big fan of that saying because I think it takes celebrating Jesus out of the day for many people. Even though not many in this world celebrate Him. It also is very inclusive. This season is all about Jesus! Christmas celebrate and remember that God gave His only begotten Son to save the world from sin. He humbly came as a baby. The King! He was born in a manger and had shepherds come. It shows the character of Him even from the very beginning. Throughout His life he was very humble and we should be humble as He taught us to be. HE truly is the reason for the season and deserves to be worshipped this season, on Christmas day, and every day!! for believers everywhere!
      A line in a song from a Christmas kids musical: "Christmas begins/when Christ comes in/ that's where the real season starts/And Christmas will stay everyday if you'll keep Him in your heart!"

So as we shop for cards and send cards let us embrace and be happy with the cards that say Merry Christmas or say Christmas anywhere and even give them to others. Even saying it! Let's keep Christ in Christmas! The cards are much better with Merry Christmas! written inside!

No comments: