Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts

       As it is now Thanksgiving most people around the world are thinking about all the food that they will be eating and of course the shopping and sales on black Friday. I admit I think about the food and do get excited about it. It is great to be with family. This holiday though is a national day to give thanks that Abraham Lincoln declared.  I like to give thanks to God on this day. I give thanks to Him everyday or whenever I think of Him. On Thanksgiving I like to slowdown and praise Him and thank Him for everything He has done in my life and in the lives of others. Friends and family. He just blows my mind sometimes!   I am thankful for His gift of salvation that He died on the cross for me, that He protects me and loves me with an everlasting love! Thankful to be living with Jesus. I could go on and on. I am just saying that this Thanksgiving lets all slow down and have a time of praise and thanksgiving for all He has done where we reflect on it.   I am though thankful for a the food we will be eating because God provides for all our needs. The pilgrims had the harvest festival to be thankful for all the food (bountiful harvest). Lets thank and praise The King of Kings!
                                                 HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!

                                 "Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and in His courts with praise: be thankful  unto Him, and bless His name. For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting; and His truth endureth to all generations." Psalm 100:4-5

No comments: